Early Learning Program Details
K3 Early Learning Program
K3 is unique: the first year of your child’s academic career. It is also the beginning of Atlantic Shores Christian School’s Early Learning Program, and we believe in great beginnings! Our goal for K3 is the same goal we have for all of our students. We will prepare them academically and spiritually for K4 and beyond.
Learning at this stage of a child’s development is accomplished through:
- Developmentally-based curriculum- social and play activities
- Caring, nurturing, and qualified teachers
- Unique, creative, and stimulating learning environments
Our program focuses on helping students develop strong biblical values, a firm academic foundation, respect for others, a happy and confident sense of self, and the ability to exhibit self-control.
The Atlantic Shores Christian School K3 program utilizes a thematic approach. Thematic teaching enhances learning by allowing children to make connections between various experiences during their school day. Biblical themes include God Made Me, Bible Heroes, God's Son Jesus, Jesus Loves Me, and The Miracles of Jesus. Our academic themes include The Five Senses, Community Helpers, The Solar System, Weather and Seasons, The Ocean. Using this approach, we focus on Bible stories and verses, reading readiness, math skills, as well as exposure to topics in social studies and science. Along with these learning experiences, students have opportunities for fine and gross motor development. This development is enhanced as the children are afforded time each week to participate in art, music, Shores Outdoors, chapel and PE. The ASCS K3 program excellently provides the foundation for academic success in the future.
School Day and Extended Care
We offer a three day program and a five day program with full and half days available for each. The three day program is available Tuesday through Thursday. The K3 school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and concludes at 3:05 p.m. Half day students also begin their day at 8:30 a.m., but finish their day at 12:00 p.m. Morning extended care is available for an additional charge of $25 per week to K3 students from 6:30 a.m. until 8:30 a.m. Afternoon extended care continue from 3:20 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. for an additional weekly charge of $40.
Class Size and Teacher-Student Ratio
The class has one teacher and one assistant. The adult to student ratio is 5 to 6 students for each adult.
- Students must turn three by September 30th.
- All students are required to be potty trained before entering the program. “Pull-ups” are not to be worn.
- K3 students may wear the school uniform, but it is not a requirement.
Snack, Lunch and Rest Time
The children have snack time at school with a healthy snack provided by the parents. For lunch, parents may order from the ASCS cafeteria or send a lunch from home. Full Day students have a nap/rest time every afternoon.
Daily activity reports are sent home with the students. Also, quarterly academic reports are sent home.
K4 Early Learning Program
Building upon the thematic learning approach in K3, students entering K4 are also introduced to the following:
- Bible-Scripture Bites
- Saxon Early Learning Program. This preschool program includes phonics, early learning skills, math and units that introduce concepts and skills to prepare the student for kindergarten.
- Handwriting- Handwriting without Tears.
- Service Project-Grade K4 has adopted the local Salvation Army and collects canned goods for delivery during the school year.
- Field Trips-pumpkin patch, Fire Safety Extravaganza, Central Library, Friendly’s
- Weekly projects in our science lab
- Special classes weekly include: Art, Cmputer, Shores Outdoors-outdoor classroom, Music, and PE
- Weekly Chapel