Mission, Statement of Faith and Vision
Welcome to Atlantic Shores Christian Schools (ASCS). Atlantic Shores was established in 1985 as a ministry of Atlantic Shores Baptist Church. ASCS operates as a non-denominational independent Christian School serving families from nearly 100 different churches and a multitude of Christian denominations. Atlantic Shores offers a Christ-centered approach to education with the goal of spiritual, academic, and social excellence. We appreciate the opportunity you have given us to educate your child, and we take this responsibility seriously. Our goal is to be the best Christian School both spiritually and academically; each teacher and staff member individually strives to help achieve this goal.
A Christian education is different! It is different because the Word of God is incorporated into all areas of the educational programs. The Bible is seen as the authoritative source of all education. We trust that a Christian school education can be a life-changing influence on your children.
We believe God has directed a committed staff to instruct and care for these young people. They not only work hard to provide your children with a quality academic program, but their ultimate goal is to train students to lead Christ-honoring lives. In order for children to succeed in a day of shifting standards and unsure guarantees, the home, school, and church must work together to reach this goal.
With the Word of God as our foundation, Atlantic Shores Christian School will partner with the home and the church in order to lead all students into higher levels of excellence spiritually, academically, physically, and emotionally so that they can impact their world for Christ.
Statement of Faith
We believe in:
- One God in three persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Isaiah 45:5, Matthew 28:19, Acts 5:3-4, Colossians 2:9)
- Jesus Christ as the only way to salvation. We are saved by grace through faith. (Acts 4:12, John 14:6, Ephesians 2:8-9)
- The verbal, inerrant inspiration and authority of the Scripture in both Old and New Testaments. (II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21)
- The Genesis account of the creation of man in six days by the direct act of God. (Genesis 1:1-28)
- The incarnation, deity, virgin birth, and bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 1:18, John 1:1&14, John 20:26-29, I Corinthians 15:1-20)
- The vicarious suffering of Jesus Christ for the sins of the world and the shedding of His blood on the cross to cleanse us from sin. (Philippians 2:6-11, I Peter 1:18 & 2:24, Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:19-23, Matthew 27:32-55)
- The new birth through regeneration by the Holy Spirit as essential to salvation. (John 14:16-17, Titus 3:5, John 3:6-7)
- The gift of eternal life and eternal security of the believer by the grace of God. (John 10:27-29, Philippians 1:6, II Timothy 1:12, I Peter 1:3-5)
- The local church as the primary place of fellowship and growth of believers and for the evangelization of the world with the gospel. (Acts 2:38 & 2:42-47, Matthew 18:20, Hebrews 10:24-25, I Corinthians 12:12-27, Matthew 28:19)
- The person and work of the Holy Spirit and the need for Christian growth and service. (John 14:16-26 & 16:8-11, Ephesians 4:11-12)
- The visible, personal, and imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:13-17)
- The everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost. (John 3:36, Luke 16:19-31, Hebrews 7:23-25)
- Marriage as a covenant between one man and one woman with sexual intimacy confined to this marriage covenant (Genesis 2:22-24, Ephesians 5:22-33, Proverbs 18:22). We believe that any form of sexual immorality, such as adultery, fornication, homosexuality, bisexual conduct, incest, or any attempt to change one’s sex or disagreement with one’s biological sex, is sinful and contrary to God’s word, the Bible (Exodus 20:14, Mark 7:21, Leviticus 18:22, Romans 1:26-27, I Corinthians 6:9).
The vision of ASCS is to develop leaders who are passionate in their Christian faith, and are equipped academically and biblically to impact the world for Christ.
Core values are an organization’s fundamental and enduring tenets that are not to be compromised for financial gain or short term expediency. We are determined to use our core values to guide our decision-making in each facet of our ministry. It is our belief that by sharing, committing to, and practicing these values, we can reach higher levels of excellence in Christian education. We have identified six beliefs that we believe are truly core.
ASCS is committed to:
- Shaping the biblical worldview within our school community.
- Developing an effective partnership with the home and the church.
- Respecting the God-given uniqueness of each individual.
- Teaching Christ-like character.
- Inspiring a passion for learning.
- Pursuing excellence in academic standards.